Saturday, January 10, 2009

Queries...Publishers....Headache....Stressfull....Halp....Bitte....

Wow. I got kinda bored so I started researching publishers and stuff and like the steps to getting published. All I did was stress myself out and give myself a headache. First off, I'm thirteen. I DON'T KNOW WHAT A QUERY IS, MUCH LESS HOW TO WRITE ONE. So I looked it up and it's annoyingly long with so many things of what to do and not do when you write to a publisher. And you must express the idea but not elaborate but you want them interested but not give too much away. Agh! And then I remembered (Whohoo!) that my dad has written three books and is working on a fourth! And he might know! So crisis semi-averted. I can just ask him (later) what to do. But see, then he might have to read what I wrote. Which would be way, way weird. And he would just tell me how to do it and be all "Now, go and follow those steps. Make it good. That's all." So, I really need him to be involved in the query. I swear I'll start crying if I hear someone say the word query. Anyways, does anyone have any ideas besides trying to meditate right now (I already tried it)? Because I might need them.... And no "QUERYQUERYQUERY!" just to annoy me (Looks at Sarah).

I'm going to dieeee! The query will kill me!

Halp. Plz.

I have a headache!

The word "query" needs to be removed from the English language.

Halp....bitte. I'll be your bestest buddy!

**Cries** Too stressful!

**Silently fumes and glares at the query** (BTW there is a query in the corner of the room of my mental picture in which I mentioned.)

2 comments:

SBBan said...

hey, i'm not going to repeat the word, ok... ill just think of it as in holly grail, u know "the word the word"... yeah i find yoga and deep breathing help me when i'm willing my mother to die of cancer... have fun, well at least know that it cant be that bad since u actually have something to publish...just don't tell my mother that ur publishing something because she'll yell at me about failing her...

X-GoneBeyondRepair-X said...

if u had told me why i couldnt say the word, i wouldnt have, but you tempted me, so really this is ur fault, unless you want to just blame it on amber and call it a day. :)