Saturday, July 4, 2009

Let The Memories Never Die

Am I annoying everyone by posting so much? I mean, it is the third time today. Just realize that I do this for me and not for you. Actually, this post will probably not be understood by everyone but Sarah. And maybe people who've read essays I've written. But today I was thinking a lot about camp, especially about my first week last year. Let me start off by saying that it was probably the best week of my life. Of course there have been days better than those individual days, but as a week it was simply amazing. No other week has been subject to so many essays. I even used one of the days as my essay for an exam. Of course, I nearly failed one of those other essays. (The teacher said it was "too long" after saying there was no limit to the number of pages. So it reflected neither the subject nor the actual writing. Fifteen pages isn't that long anyways.)

Okay, back to the purpose of the post. I was just remembering those quirky little moments at camp that seem insignificant, but make me laugh when I remember them.

~Memory one: when Evan threw that plastic thing into the fire and Richie started yelling at the top of his lungs that we were all going to die because burning plastic gives off toxic fumes (it does).
~Memory two: Richie as a girl. And also how horrible our skit was because we had like ten minutes to think of an idea and sort-of practice it.
~Memory three: Playing in the lake really late at night when we were at the island. Andrew kept jumping off the boat and practically landing on me. And Hollis's little problem....
~Memory four: sitting with Julianne during skeet shooting because we both didn't want to. I don't remember why she wouldn't, but I didn't want to because of my childhood nightmares of my dad dying in war. And Andrew let me wear his hat (a major triumph).
~Memory five: ART MASON, THE COOSA RIVER GOD!
~Memory six: the wicked water slides at the Y. And there was no one there so we just got to run back to the top. We ate sooo much candy that day.
~Memory seven: playing Signs every waking second of the day. I swear I can never play that game again because it just isn't the same without everyone.
~Memory eight: mud fight with Matt, Richie, and Andrew right after we had showered. I think it was only Julianne and me against them.
~Memory nine: that God-awful storm when we were driving back to camp. The stable area looked like a lake!
~Memory ten: all the LIT's. They were so funny. "FAIL! FAIL! WINNER! WINNER!" And them wearing gowns and stuff. Or was that the second week?
~Memory eleven: singing "I'm Yours" so much. That was before it was way popular.
~Memory twelve: getting our own shower house! That was absolutely amazing.
~Memory thirteen: having to stand on Richie's back so I could get through that top hole in the spider web. And everyone grabbed me on the other side. Scary as hell!
~Random memory that didn't happen that week but is still pertinent: Yelling "I MISS RICHIE!" the second week. Haha. I still miss him.

God, I need to stop thinking about that week. Because if I do, I'll probably be really depressed this week when it can't even compete with that week's awesomeness.

On a side note, I have totally misplaced my Tokio Hotel DVD. No idea where it disapeared to....

Alright, happy 4th of July, everyone! After I write the title on this blog post, you won't hear another word from me for the next two and a half weeks.

2 comments:

SBBan said...

OMFG!!! ther are so many things I would like to say about all those memories that there is neither room nor enthusiasm to write all of them, so Louiver beaver we shall sit with this post open and I shall tell you all the things that were flashing through my mind... tomorrow!!! I probably wont sleep tonight... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! oh and be prepared for a huge session... 90 ppl... ouch... you probably wont get this before camp... FAIL!!!

X-GoneBeyondRepair-X said...

I hope you guys have an amaz-za-zing time :)