Sunday, February 22, 2009

Reviews!!!

Hi. I have no idea what to blog about, so I'm going to take this wonderful opportunity to review some books and movies. First up: movies. I've been watching a lot of older movies lately (OK, like 80's and early 90's, but whatever).

Adventures In Babysitting - This is such a funny movie. The only thing that annoyed me in this was that the girl (Chris) ended up with that nice guy from the party. (This will sounds weird) I really liked the car thief. He was pretty cool. But just all the characters are really funny, especially Daryl. He's basically a sex-craved fifteen year old. Hilarious. (The dude who plays Daryl reminds me of Rupert Grint....)

Romancing the Stone - Again, a really good movie. The main character, who's a writer, is probably an older version of me. A writer who lives alone in an apartment with her cat and can't find a guy (glares at Gerard and Bill). OK, the movie's a little cheesy, but cheese never hurt anyone (I actually don't know about that).

Forever Young - As soon as I saw the title I thought of The Academy Is.... This movie has a really interesting concept and a nice message. Even better, Elijah Wood is one of the main characters. He's so cute! He's like six in the movie, but he's adorable.

I.Q. -I won't lie: I thought this was going to be a stupid movie. Einstein trying to get his niece to hook up with some random guy? Oh, but it's so funny! Einstein and the other scientists (his friends) are just hilarious. Maybe it's because they're old (no offense to old people), but they're totally clueless.

Now, I old really wanted to review two books. They're two of my favorites. They're the kinds of books that really touch you.

I Am The Wallpaper - I read this a while ago, actually. It's about this girl who feels like she's just a part of the crowd. And she gets so frustrated. She dyes her hair purple, for God's sake! Between annoying little cousins who sabotage her every move and like three different guys, it get's confusing sometimes. But it's a really good book!

13 Reasons Why - Wow. I read this in one afternoon. I can so relate to the girl who killed herself. But even though this book is all about the reasons that this girl killed herself, I still don't see how anyone could think that killing themselves will solve anything. It throws everything into chaos. I guess this book and the one above it are just the kind you have to read to understand. READ THEM.

No comments: