Saturday, August 1, 2009

Fahnenmast

I'm watching Air Force One and am very happy that they chose to acknowledge the fact that Ramstein Air Force Base exists.... I know it's the largest military base outside of the U.S. (was anyone else aware of that?), but it really doesn't get enough credit. I myself find it hard to believe that the base is the largest outside the U.S.,but why argue with the facts? In case people hadn't inferred, that was the base my parents worked on and that I went to school on for five years. The thing that saddens me about this movie is that there's no German in it though it's in Germany. There is Russian, however.

Lately I've been watching a ton of movies (like five every day) ranging from the romantic comedies that my mom has about fifty of to stuff like I Am Legend. I actually choked on a sip of water when I was watching The Wedding Date when I realized that James Norrington (Pirates, anyone?) played the groom. Then Dermot Mulroney was in two movies in a row (I'm officially in love with him now). Finding Neverland made me cry. Billy Elliot was by far the most controversial movie as it addressed issues such as homosexuality and domestic violence. And I loved the end of I Am Legend. None of the romance movies could ever compare to Forever Young, however. Okay, I must remind myself that I am not a movie critic and therefore must stop talking about these movies.

Anyways, as you can tell, the past few days have been pretty slow. Between writing, editing, and watching movies, I haven't gotten much done. Actually, today was more interesting the rest. I had boiling water spilled on me twice! Whoo. Hoo. Also, last night I read two books. So I'm tired as hell today.

Also, I am proud to announce that I have gotten over talking to myself in English. It's a habit that I fell into when I was quite little, and I assure you I am in no way psychopathic. Actually, I'm not so sure anymore. Because now I talk to myself in German. They're mental conversations, not verbal ones, but I do get stuck in German quite quickly. My little brother was annoying me while I was making lunch, so I told him irritably: "Du bist dabei, eines Nachts aufzuwachen und zu einem Fahnenmast festgeschnallt zu werden in Südamerika." Which roughly translates to: You are going to wake up in the middle of the night strapped to a flagpole in South America. A bit mean, yes. And it just took me five minutes to write that on Word because of the stupid accents. Not to mention spelling it correctly. I understand spoken and written German, and can speak it, but writing it is very frustrating for me because of the accent marks.

I really don't remember what I wanted to write about. There was something that I thought to be important, but it has completely slipped my mind.

You know, I so wish my family was wealthy. My HotTopic wishlist is like fifty items long....

Tchao

1 comment:

X-GoneBeyondRepair-X said...

I have the same problem. There way too many awesome things.