Sunday, August 2, 2009

Tired And Contrived

I find it very ironic that I hated economics in school and yet I just had a half-hour long discussion with my dad about European economies versus the American economy and what our country ignored up in the seventies that Europe did something about. And then, as we began to talk about cars, it led to talking about how China subsidizes gas which then led to talking about communism. I mentioned a quote that I'd read somewhere that says: "Communism doesn't work because people like to own things." And we began talking about that idea and agreed that it basically summarizes in a nutshell why communism always fails.... I honestly love talking about how short-sighted America is (I disagreed with my dad when he said that America is always thinking about tomorrow instead of next year or the next year; instead saying that America usually is only thinking about "today"), as well as talking about communism. I have no Earthly idea why it fascinates me so much, but it just does. I think I scared my mom a little bit when I asked her to buy the book about the extremely violent revolution. Well I'm certainly not going to read a book about the Velvet Revolution (Czechoslovakian revolution)...that would be boring and entirely unhelpful in my studies of revolution as violent revolutions are far more common and interesting. That probably sounds horrible, but it's true. Would you rather read about people walking around holding flowers or people dodging bullets and being chased by riot police (not that that's the premise of my third book)? Hm....

Alright, I'll be shutting up now.

Peace.

No comments: