Thursday, June 18, 2009

Before We Say Goodbye

You'd think I'd be used to it. Saying goodbye, I mean. I've moved every few years, so I would like to say that I'm a pro. But God, I can never get used to it. Each goodbye cuts deeper and deeper, like there's no other cuts that are threatening to tear your heart to shreds. Even if you know that you'll see this person again, it pulls on your heart. And when it comes to people whom you know you'll never see again, it tears pieces of your heart away.

Why does it have to be this way? I don't think I have very much of a heart left. Whenever I leave, I leave parts of my heart behind.

This life was better with you here
I know it will take some time to fully heal
Before I say Goodbye

1 comment:

X-GoneBeyondRepair-X said...

today was so hard *huggles*