Thursday, June 25, 2009

Fender's Squier Stratocaster And Other News

It has now been one official week of utter monotony.... Can't wait for camp. Wish my life was more exciting. Michael Jackson died; that's perhaps the biggest thing that's happened all summer. And I spent all day looking at guitars. Finally decided on getting a Squier Stratocaster by Fender. It's cheaper than an American Stratocaster *daydreams about having one* but still nice enough to serve the purpose of playing it. Actually, my dream is having a Gibson Les Paul *drools*. And a Fender Kingman wouldn't be too bad either. It's the only acoustic guitar I like.


Guitars I WILL HAVE once I make some money (off my book?? *crosses fingers*) :


-Fender Kingman

-Gibson Les Paul

-Fender American Stratocaster


After spending all day looking at guitars, I am still yet to find an amp. My guitar now is pretty suckish, which is why I'm looking for a new one. The one I have now is an acoustic (which is why I don't have an amp); I've had it since fourth grade. I spent like ten minutes looking at amps then pretty much gave up...I never realized that amps are way more expensive than the guitars you need them for.


Hopefully my parents will be paying for the guitar/amp combo. I mean, I got a good deal on the Squier Strat (about $180), but amps are a little harder. I want to get a nice amp that I don't have to replace in like six months....


Another reason for the choice of the Squier Strat was that they're pretty sturdy. Since I typically brandish my guitar and pesky little boys and threaten to hit them with it, I need something that at least looks like it could kill one of them. Plus, I am very clumsy and probably will end up dropping it off the stairs by accident (I'm not hoping that will happen, but it's a sad fact of life).


As far as amps go (yes, back on the subject of amps again), I really want something less expensive than the guitar. That should be problematic. The only amp I found that was less than the guitar was a Fender Frontman 25 R, which looks okay, but I could probably find better.


I actually spent about four hours looking at different guitars when I finally said "screw it" and asked Amanda what kind of guitar she had (thanks, by the way). Since her guitar is amazing and very pretty, I figured that it would be better to get a recommendation from a friend rather than a person on the internet. (On a side note, why is the spell-check telling me to capitalize "internet?" I wasn't aware that it was a proper noun. Hm....)


Alrighty, I should probably get going and log off the computer so I can get some reading done. But first, a picture of Kiro (Cinema Bizarre) to make me happy!!!! Ah, hell, I'll just post my background picture!!! (Kiro, Yu, Strify)

:) Yes, I'm a little obsessive.

No comments: